|Nom. Insulation Thickness
|Nom. Jacket Thickness
||2 Conductor @ 0.288
3 Conductor @ 0.298
Shielded multiconductor 14 AWG cables are used in a wide range of industries. Many times, you will find them in things like consumer electronics and industrial control equipment. They are also commonly used in advanced signal transmissions in controlled environments. What does all that mean? Well, it basically means that multiconductor cables are used for controlling equipment. By using 14 AWG shielded multiconductor cable you have the option of selecting between 2 or 3 conductors.
What benefit do you get from using shielded multiconductor 14 AWG cable? Well, in many industrial facilities and similar environments, there is a lot going on. What I mean is that there are many pieces of equipment, each of them having a lot of wires, all running through a given facility. This can create EMI (electromagnetic interference) also called RFI (radio frequency interference). EMI/RFI has the potential to reduce the performance of a circuit. In certain cases it will stop the circuit from functioning at all. This is why you would want to make sure to use shielded multiconductor 14 AWG cable. The shielding found in this type of cable works in two ways. For starters, it has the ability to reflect much of the energy. This reflection serves to prevent the energy from interrupting or interfering with the circuit. Next, the shielding has the ability to conduct much of that energy to the ground. Together, these actions make sure that the EMI/RFI does not reach the conductors.
These cables are manufactured to meet the requirements for UL, CSA and NEC. Temperatures and voltages are not always the exact same from cable to cable. Call a Pacer Group expert for specifications on multiconductor cable.
- Coast Guard, NMMA, & ABYC Standards
- NEC Article 800 Type CM (UL: 75°C)
- UL Style 2464 ( UL: 80°C, 300 V, VW-1 )
- CSA CMG (CSA: 60°C)
- CE: Low Votage Directive (LVD 2006/95/EC)
- RoHS compliant directive 2011/65/EC
- Vertical tray cable flame test per UL1581 and IEEE 383 (70,000 BTU)
- 100% Flexfoil aluminium/polyester foil facing out
- Stranded tinned copper drain wire
- Fully annealed stranded tinned copper per ASTM B-33
- Premium grade color coded PVC insulation
- Grey PVC jacket
- Consumer electronics
- Industrial process control equipment
- Suitable for EIA RS-232 applications
- Advanced signal transmission in controlled environments
Shielded Multiconductor Cable, 14 AWG
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!